Teen in Kluang crash probe to be rearrested under murder probe

A 19-year-old involved in a fatal car crash in Kluang, Malaysia, is set to be rearrested under a murder investigation. Authorities reclassified the case from reckless driving to murder following the deaths of five individuals.
Why it matters
The reclassification of a traffic accident to a murder charge highlights a significant legal escalation in how authorities handle reckless driving resulting in fatalities.
Share Kluang police chief Bahrin Noh says a new remand application will be made tomorrow. The teenager had been remanded for two days from Tuesday, but had his remand extended by a day. (Bernama pic) PETALING JAYA : The teenager released from remand following his arrest over the crash that killed five people and injured eight in Kluang, Johor, on Monday will be rearrested tomorrow as part of a murder investigation. Kluang police chief Bahrin Noh said a new remand application would be made at the Kluang magistrates’ court for the 19-year-old, who remains unnamed.
The report relies on police statements and legal classifications without taking a stance on the suspect's guilt.
Get smarter about the news
Sign up free for a feed built around what you actually care about, Dive Deeper research on any story, and the full text of every article.
Create free accountAlready have an account? Sign in