Salman Khan house firing case: Lawrence Bishnoi's brother seeks surrender
Alleged gangster Anmol Bishnoi has filed a plea in a Mumbai court to surrender in connection with the attempted murder case of actor Salman Khan. Bishnoi is currently in Tihar jail for a separate case involving terror funding.
Why it matters
The case involves high-profile criminal activity and the intersection of organized crime and celebrity security in India.
MUMBAI: Almost eight months after he was deported from the US, alleged gangster Anmol Bishnoi, wanted accused in the attempted murder of actor Salman Khan on April 14, 2024 and currently lodged in Tihar jail in another case, has moved the special trial court, wanting to "surrender"."He intends to voluntarily surrender before this court to face the ongoing trial and join the judicial proceedings in the interest of a fair trial and further in the interest of justice," the plea submitted by his lawyers said. The plea sought his production virtually over video-conferencing in the case even as the prosecution has not sought his custody so far. The court has directed prosecution to submit its reply.After being deported in Nov last year, Bishnoi was taken into custody in a 2022 case involving an alleged nexus between criminal gangs in India and Babbar Khalsa International (BKI), a designated terrorist organisation, to raise funds, recruit youths and carry out terror strikes in the country.Bishnoi's plea noted that charges were already framed against the accused on Nov 13, 2025, and prosecution witnesses have been examined in his absence. His plea further said as he is already under the physical control of the law in a separate matter and cannot present himself independently, he requests the court to issue a production warrant to Tihar jail superintendent.You Can Also Check: Gold Rate in Mumbai | Silver Rate in Mumbai | Bank Holidays in Mumbai | Public Holidays in Mumbai | Mumbai AQI | Weather in Mumbai | Petrol Price in Mumbai | Diesel Price in Mumbai | CNG Price in Mumbai | LPG Price in MumbaiStay updated with the latest Mumbai news. Download the TOI App.
The article reports on legal filings and court procedures without taking a stance on the accused's guilt.
Get smarter about the news
Sign up free for a feed built around what you actually care about, Dive Deeper research on any story, and the full text of every article.
Create free accountAlready have an account? Sign in