Article may be outdated

This article is 56 days old. Some details may have changed since publication.

Times of India·2 min read·medium

Rajkumar Hirani on rumours of a film with Ranbir Kapoor: 'No, I'm not making anything with him'

T
TOI ENTERTAINMENT DESK
Rajkumar Hirani on rumours of a film with Ranbir Kapoor: 'No, I'm not making anything with him'
AI Summary

Filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani has officially denied rumors of an upcoming project with actor Ranbir Kapoor, clarifying that no such collaboration is currently in development. He also confirmed that sequels to his popular franchises '3 Idiots' and 'Munna Bhai' are in the writing stage, though no release dates have been set.

Why it matters

As one of India's most commercially successful directors, Hirani's project updates significantly impact the Bollywood film industry's production pipeline and fan expectations for major franchise revivals.

Dive DeeperCreate a free account to unlock

As filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani gears up for his streaming debut with 'Pritam And Pedro', he has broken his silence on the swirling rumours about an upcoming film with Ranbir Kapoor while also offering a much-awaited update on the long-anticipated sequels to '3 Idiots' and 'Munna Bhai'.Rajkumar Hirani denies Ranbir Kapoor film reportsReports had been circulating for a while that Rajkumar Hirani was developing a film based on the life of an athlete, with Ranbir Kapoor. Some reports even suggested the project had been pushed to 2027 owing to scheduling conflicts and an unfinished script. However, the director has now put those rumours to rest.Speaking to News18, Rajkumar Hirani said, "No, I'm not making anything with Ranbir at the moment. But I would love to work with him again. I did read reports that we're doing a film. Many a times, I look at newspapers and come to know of the films I'm making, which makes me wonder ki abb yeh kahan se aaya (laughs)!"Rajkumar Hirani and Ranbir Kapoor previously collaborated on 'Sanju', the acclaimed biopic on actor Sanjay Dutt.Rajkumar Hirani talks about the '3 Idiots' sequel and 'Munna Bhai 3'Fans of Rajkumar Hirani's most beloved franchises will be pleased to know that both the '3 Idiots' sequel and 'Munna Bhai 3' are indeed in development. However, the filmmaker made it clear that their release timelines depend entirely on when the scripts are ready.He said, "It's all in the writing stage at the moment. Both the films will happen. But it all depends on when the scripts are ready."More about 'Pritam and Pedro''Pritam And Pedro' is set to premiere on JioHotstar on July 3. The film marks Rajkumar Hirani's debut as a streaming filmmaker and is also notable for being the screen debut of his son, Vir Hirani.Read the latest Entertainment News and Celebrity updates. Download the TOI App.

Continue reading on Headlinne

Create a free account to read the full article.

Read full article →
entertainmentculture
Political Bias
Center
LeftLean LCenterLean RRight
Confidence: 90%

The article reports on direct quotes and clarifies rumors without injecting editorial opinion or political framing.

Get smarter about the news

Sign up free for a feed built around what you actually care about, Dive Deeper research on any story, and the full text of every article.

Create free account

Already have an account? Sign in