Diljit Dosanjh unsurprised by ‘Satluj’ removal from Zee5, says was ‘bound to happen’

Actor Diljit Dosanjh expressed that he was not surprised by the removal of his film 'Satluj' from the ZEE5 streaming platform shortly after its release. The film, which depicts the life of activist Jaswant Singh Khalra, had previously faced significant censorship hurdles.
Why it matters
The incident underscores ongoing tensions regarding film censorship and the distribution of politically sensitive content in India.
Actor-singer Diljit Dosanjh says the ban on his film Satluj , which was quietly released on ZEE5 without any cuts on Friday (July 3, 2026) and removed just two days later , was bound to happen and he was expecting it — but on Monday (July 6) when offices open.
The report provides a balanced account of the actor's perspective and the context of the film's release and subsequent removal.
Get smarter about the news
Sign up free for a feed built around what you actually care about, Dive Deeper research on any story, and the full text of every article.
Create free accountAlready have an account? Sign in