Article may be outdated

This article is 42 days old. Some details may have changed since publication.

Citizen Digital·4 min read·hard

Congo Ebola outbreak still spreading largely undetected, WHO official says

A
AFP
Congo Ebola outbreak still spreading largely undetected, WHO official says
AI Summary

The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo is spreading largely undetected, with WHO officials estimating the true scale to be two to four times higher than confirmed cases. Community transmission remains intense, exacerbated by the milder symptoms of the Bundibugyo strain which leads to delayed medical treatment.

Why it matters

It underscores the ongoing public health crisis in Central Africa and the challenges of containing infectious diseases in regions with limited infrastructure.

Dive DeeperCreate a free account to unlock

The figures underscore the challenges facing health workers as they battle to contain the outbreak in the country's northeast, ​which has so far infected 1,792 people and killed 625, according to government data released on ​Thursday.

Continue reading on Headlinne

Create a free account to read the full article.

Read full article →
healthworld
Political Bias
Center
LeftLean LCenterLean RRight
Confidence: 90%

The article relies on WHO data and expert commentary to provide an objective health report.

Get smarter about the news

Sign up free for a feed built around what you actually care about, Dive Deeper research on any story, and the full text of every article.

Create free account

Already have an account? Sign in